Thursday, December 7, 2017

Concert practice


We spent most of the afternoon in the gym - practicing on stage for the xmas concert!  You are sure to be entertained next Tuesday!  
  
Sharing Time.

I wanted to share this comment that a parent wrote on the blog a few days ago. (I hope he/she doesn't mind.)  

"Mrs. Grant, my son wanted me to think of six-syllable words last night, and we were wondering which body part to tap for the sixth syllable, since five takes you down to your feet. I tried throwing my hands up in the air for the sixth syllable, but he didn't seem to approve."
It challenged our class to try out some six syllable words - to see what actions we could do as we broke the words down into syllables (yes, we do use this word in class!) We hadn't come across any 6 syllable words in our times of counting syllables, so we tried out these words .......  responsibility ...... veterinarian.   and on the 6th syllable, we threw our hands up in the air!  It seemed like a great thing to do for the 6th syllable!  (tap ...head-shoulders-hips-knees-feet-hands up!) So thank you so much to the parent who commented on syllables, and gave us this great idea! We love it!






1 comment:

  1. I'm so honoured that you like my sixth syllable idea! I had a hard time coming up with six-syllable words - I could only think of one and then I had to ask Google for help. I'm very excited to see you all perform in the concert next week!

    -R.'s mom

    ReplyDelete